Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So maybe I'm not a stud

But I am still an athlete! :) It took one flip turn (attempt) to put me firmly back into reality. I swear there is no more water left in the pool. Flip, flip, flip... I never got my hands in the right place. I did manage to actually push off the wall. I never actually got to the twist part - you know where you actually turn over so you're going in the right direction. I did manage to get water up my nose more than once - or 100 times!

Despite it all, I still had a blast! I guess it could have been the cute young instructor, but I think it's more likely the challenge of learning something new and using different muscles and the giant improvements you can make when you first learn something.

I'm so glad I made the decision to actually take some lessons. I love learning new things. And apparently the instructor I had today is more into form and technique - which is good because these are things I need to work on. He had me working on body roll - in between flip turns of course. It's amazing how much easier it is to breath once you get this roll thing down better. How much fun is that?

No comments: