Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hot and Humid

Got up extra early to eat so I could get out before the heat got too intense. But still - it was pretty hot and humid as I went out for my run. The run actually went pretty much according to plan. Of course, I wish it had been faster, but then there was a lot of time spent in zone 1 today - interspersed with hill repeats and spurts of zone 3. So it was kind of meant to be slow, but hard. And it was. I'm hoping the hills will help on the monster 10 miler in August. It's called the Run thru Hell for a reason afterall. We'll see how it goes.

In other news, I had my initial meeting with the nutritionist this week. That means I've given him lots of information and now he's working on putting together a plan for me to improve performance.... in conjunction with the training plan coach hands out on a weekly basis. Between the two of them I'm hoping they'll whip me into shape. In the meantime, I have no plan so as I was strolling through blog land today I ran across a simple pastry recipe that sounded divine. The dough is chilling in the fridge as I type. I can't wait to put it all together and try it out. Who knows? This might be my last slice of pie (so to speak) for 4 months. I hope it's a good one.

If you want the recipe, go to David's blog. And if you love chocolate, be sure to buy his chocolate lovers cookbook. It's fabulous - but decidedly NOT low fat - so only for base phase or AFTER that big race. Happy baking.... and training.

No comments: