Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Little improvements

Woo hoo! I'm so excited. I did THREE flip turns in a row! Good ones - not perfect, but good. I even swam off a few. That's a bit harder cause I'm still trying to get the breathing down right - and still sucking in too much water on the turn, but I'm so psyched. There's hope. I can do it!

And freestyle is coming along, lots of little things that need to get fixed. I've got some drills now to work on improving. Breast stroke is okay, but not pretty. Still need to figure that one out. And butterfly. I made one pretty futile attempt before I decided that I could spend my time more wisely on other things.

Now I need to figure out when and how to fit more swim improvement into my running schedule - class is over and I'm on my own.

On another note, a patient update. The puppy is doing very well in his recovery. He continues to put a little more weight on his knee every day. We are now taking two short walks every day - down to the end of the block and back. He always thinks he wants to go farther, but we're taking it slow so as not to re-injure anything.

No comments: