Monday, July 21, 2008

Manic scurrying

Is scurrying a manic activity no matter what? I don't know, but I do know it is what happens when you get home from a long swim workout at 9pm to find a message from the realtor saying they want to show the house in the morning... and you've had extra people and dogs in the house in the last 24 hours or so. Yikes!

So scurry I did.... from room to room, picking up, washing, vacuuming, straightening... and then running back to the last room I was in to do something I'd urgently remembered before I forgot again. Like, darn it, I still have to wash the windows off from all the dog slobber. And now I have to get the dirt out from under my nails from pulling weeds in the dark. That was fun!

So I sit here icing my shoulder, worrying about whether or not the house will sell... whether or not selling is a good thing, how much should I negotiate? How long will I be able to stay? What time do I need to get up for breakfast in the morning so I can get my run and a shower in before I go to my first meeting and then have to leave the house with the dog? Where am I going to go with the dog for an hour? Dog park is out cause he can't play yet - poor baby.

And yes, I'm borrowing trouble, worrying about things that haven't happened. I try, lord knows I try, but it's in my DNA. Hard wired right in there to worry about tomorrow.

In the meantime, my shoulder is getting very cold. After about 5 minutes in the pool, I had completely undone all the work the massage therapist put in this morning. So I'm back to icing. I trend I've come to love more and more lately - shoulder, calf, hip, knee... hmmmm I might just be falling apart. Or maybe I'm just finally getting smart.

Time to see if I can shut my mind off for a few hours and get some rest.

No comments: