Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ramblings

Looking forward to my LONG run tomorrow. No, really, I am in a sick, twisted way. It's supposed to rain or maybe thunder so I've got to figure out when to get it in between rain storms. Luckily I took tomorrow off just so I could run for 2:40. My longest run before the marathon - and it's still a month and a half away. Got a trip to Texas and a half marathon before that. I would be looking forward to running in Texas if I wasn't going for business and was going someplace where they actually had surfaces other than pavement, but alas... not the case.

I am looking forward to the half though. It's my first time at that distance and I'm hoping beyond hope to break 2 hours. that would be on pace for my marathon goal in May. I have a secret goal in mind that I'd really like to get to (especially after that awesome 10k the other day), but I'm going to keep it to myself for now. Whatever happens, it will be a PR :) Woo hoo!

I had a scary thought the other day. Well, maybe it was more exciting than scary. I thought for the first time in my running life... hmmmm.... maybe I could actually qualify for Boston in my new age group. Wow. It's suddenly, potentially, possibly, almost feasible... Big grin! And that's something I never even dared to dream.

1 comment:

Alili said...

Go! Go! Go! Quick, while it's not raining:)