Friday, February 1, 2008

Rest day in rest week

Sounds relaxing, doesn't it? I hardly know what to do with myself. This is rest week - only 4:30 hours of training this week, well really only 4 - because I told the coach that on my first run this week I thought I'd lost my legs. She cut out my strength training for the week and made me do abs and yoga. That's okay. I guess I needed to relax, but after running such good runs, I feel like such a slacker.

Well, I sort of made up for that yesterday. No slacker here! It was 10 degrees outside, but the roads were clear so I took off for a short and fast run. I ran strides, pick up the pace, steady pace, pick up the pace, steady pace.... but I couldn't feel my fingers, my neck was FROZEN, and my toes - yes, those smart wool socks were working. Thank the lord! By the time I got back, only 35 minutes later, I was actually sweating. Quel surprise! It was again, only 10 degrees outside! BRRR....

So today, in celebration of rest day in rest week, it snowed. A lot! So I shoveled - twice! It's only noon and I've already shoveled twice. But it looks like it's stopped snowing and I'm ready to go out into the world and get a yummy sugary cup of coffee. Cause I earned it!

Stay warm!

No comments: