Monday, January 21, 2008

8:30

Can I really do 8:30 pace for 3 miles - at the end of a long run? The run isn't until Sunday and already I'm thinking about it, obsessing over it if you must know. Now though I'm thinking how exciting it will be to do that pace. How exhilarating to run that fast! And how cool that would be cause if I can do that then surely I can do a sub-27 minute 5k the next week! And surely I can work up to holding a 9 minute mile for 26.2 miles... Surely I can. So I put a little more into my drills this morning and I keep looking ahead to what's next. I only had a 20 minute work out this morning and I want MORE! This isn't enough time sweating, I need more sweat!

On the nutrition side of things, I'm still struggling a bit. I'm hungry, but I'm trying to watch my calories - not deprive myself, but make sure I'm eating the right things and the right amounts. It's hard! I'm stuck at 137.5 right now and I really want to get to the 120's, but I don't want to do it at the expense of quality training so it's a real balancing act. And, let's face it, I still want the sweets. That doesn't seem to ever go away.

I have no limits! I believe in my ability! Nothing will get in my way - not snow or cold or sugar :) I can do it! I can do it! I can do it!

1 comment:

HappyBlogChick said...

You have such a great attitude!

When I'm hungry I try to be sure I'm eating lots of protein and lots of fiber. Especially fiber - lots of whole grains and stuff - that really helps me keep hunger in check. Dunno if it would work for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

And heck, you're probably all over it already! You're doing so well.