Monday, August 11, 2008

Relax

I'm definitely relaxing... I've been glued to the tv since the Olympics started and how exciting they've been! Thank God for VCR's since I don't have TIVO and I can't possibly stay up until midnight every night and still workout and actually keep my job. That swim relay (men's 4x100 free) was absolutely amazing! And I've been studying all of them in the underwater shots to see if I can pick up any pointers on form. They are incredible - all of them.

So this morning I went to the pool and practiced what I'd been watching. I'm never going to the Olympics, but I do feel like I'm slowly improving. Swimming used to be really scary and as I keep practicing it just keeps getting more fun and just a little bit easier every day. It's nice to learn something new and feel the improvement.

I can't say the same for my running. I've felt off lately, like there just isn't any spring in my step, certainly no motivation in my head. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with work, selling the house, the "anniversary" and just overall stress. I'm working through it, but I have to say I read through a few other blogs over the last few days and am almost happy to say I'm not alone. It seems like this motivation thing (or lack of) is something of a small epidemic at the moment. Maybe we've all just been training too long, maybe it's the economy or the price of gas and food, maybe we know that summer is coming to an end.... who knows? whatever it is, I am hopeful that we will all get past it in our own ways and in our own time... but can it be soon? Please!

No comments: