Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Patient update

Well, today was the day we've been counting down to for eight weeks. Our re-check to see if we could increase activity, get out of the house more, see people. The answer was a disappointing no. The good news: Willie has lost almost 4 pounds. The bad news: he broke a screw in his leg and has "delayed bone healing". Together this means he stays on his diet AND he is once again limited to the back yard - for four more weeks! No walks, no friends, no playing. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I thought he was doing well. Granted I didn't think he was doing as well as he could be because he is still limping, but he is putting significantly more weight on his leg than before. They were pleased that he was putting weight on it and even walking, but more importantly, the internal works should look better on the x-rays. So we're reverting back to strictly following doctor's orders - except for that cage bit. I refuse (and so does he) to put him in a cage, but once the drugs from the x-ray wear off he's going to be very disappointed. Right now he's just stoned - and NOT happy about it. My dog is not a happy stoner, but a tired, disoriented, confused one. Sorry Willie. I guess I haven't been as good a mom as I should have been. I thought you were doing well and I wanted to make sure you didn't get depressed, but somewhere along the line something went wrong - not irrevocably wrong, but it is a bit of a delay.

No comments: