Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cupcakes

I know I said I was going to be all good for the last month before the race. Eat healthy, cut out sugar and alcohol. Well, I have cut out the alcohol. No problem. I've been eating healthy for the most part and I've significantly decreased my sugar intake, but come on. A girl can't live on gels alone!

Last night I made cupcakes. These were no ordinary cupcakes. They didn't even have chocolate in them for crying out loud. (I had gotten chocolate for another recipe just in case these sucked cause how good could they be without chocolate!) They were fabulous. Lemon raspberry cupcakes. And they were easy - except of course grating the skin off my knuckles while I was zesting the lemons. Tasty! Bon Appetit, April 2008. I'm sure you can find them on the website someplace. Just one word of warning, when they say to wait 30 minutes while they cool - LISTEN. This recipe they aren't kidding. Not for flavor, but there's hot jam in the middle. And it's DAMN hot when it comes right out of the oven.

No comments: