Monday, June 2, 2008

Ramblings

I made it back to Portland. It was a long slow drive with many stops to stretch my legs and explore. Stopped at this cute cafe in the middle of nowhere and had a FABULOUS lunch with a nice glass of wine. I went exploring wineries and discovered that Napa doesn't have the market on snobbery. I never would have thought it, but I found a snobby winery in Oregon. Oh well, I guess it can't be perfect :)

Still sore today and I'm suffering not only from cramps but some pink eye type thing in one eye. (Looked beautiful at breakfast this morning.) But none of that stopped me from heading down to the pool first thing this morning. I just needed to get moving a little bit and I'm definitely not up to running yet. (My quads are still making me walk like Frankenstein.) I haven't been in a pool in two years??? And I've never been a strong swimmer so this was sad, but I found I can actually breath on both sides - although I have no endurance AND I sucked up half the pool water through my nose. (Got to figure out how to stop doing that) Maybe I'll sign up for those swim lessons when I get back home.

In the meantime, today is going to be about exploring. I'm looking forward to finding out a little more about this city... see what it has to offer and if it's anyplace that I might be interested in hanging my hat. I sure liked the coast and the areas in between. With work up in the air and the distinct possibility that I'm going to be putting the house on the market when I get home, I might just need a new place to call home. I sure do miss the West and you can't get much farther west than this.

No comments: