Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 3

Otherwise known as stir crazy. I never truly appreciated how independent my dog has always been. Now if he wants to go to the bathroom, he has to be accompanied by an adult - only one around here is me. If I want to give him some relief from having the cone on his head, I have to be constantly vigilant so he doesn't sneak a lick or a nibble at the staples. And since I can't be constantly vigilant at night, on his head goes the cone. Then he scrapes around the house looking for a place to get comfortable. I'm tired.

On another note, I actually ran yesterday for the first time since the marathon. It was good, but not great as far as pace v effort goes. It was great as far as attitude. I have secretly been dreading running again, dreading the thought of more training, another routine, another big race with high personal expectations and goals. I went through the motions all week doing my cross training, hating every step and pedal stroke. Then Saturday morning rolled around, time to run. I looked down at my running shoes and felt myself grinning. I couldn't wait to go out for a run - a nice easy zone 1 run, no expectations. Just trying to get my legs back under me, see if I still enjoy it, see how I do in zone 1. It was great! A little humid of course, but so nice to be out on my feet, in my running shoes. No terrible aches and pains. Just me and the sun and the grass. Beautiful.

I just might be able to do this after all.

No comments: