Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A change in plans

I really wanted to do another marathon this year. I really wanted to try to qualify for Boston. Then life and work and stress got in the way ... and training became one more thing I had to do rather than something that energized me. So the coach and I talked it out and agreed that perhaps two marathons in one year just wasn't in the cards for me - at least not this year. So I'm focusing on getting fast. And I've got to say, I'm totally re-energized. Fast is so much more fun than LONG.... Now my workouts are generally not more than 90 minutes. And I get to do things like farleks and track workouts. This weekend I did one of those fabulous track workouts with everything from 800 to 200 repeats. How fun! And at the end, the second to last repeat - a 200, I actually did it at my high school mile pace. Granted it was only 200 m, not a whole mile, but still, it was at the end of a workout and I have to say I was feeling pretty excited about it. It's the little things :)

Last week I ran hardly at all - only once. Maybe that is another reason that I'm feeling re-energized. And this week it's all about running - no swimming this week because my new friend the pool is closed, but I'll be back there next week I'm sure. Trying to figure out what fast is in the pool :) Now there's a little chuckle for you!

No comments: